Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Chickens

My sister raised this batch of chickens for us. We all headed up this weekend to process the 97 (100 less a couple losses along the way) birds. My fingers are still a little sore but I have a freezer full of yummy delicious chickens to feed my family. Here are a couple of shots from the day...
Joel sharpening the knives. I bought a new knife after the last batch of chickens and I love it! I will buy 1 or 2 more before the next batch.

The birds all rounded up and locked in the brooder, easier to catch that way.

Steph and I in our matching t-shirts. Thanks mom!

My mom is punny.

John waiting on us. So after 85 chickens or so you start to get a little loopy. At one point someone said something about the "Cone of Silence," and I couldn't stop laughing. I know, I know, a silly pun indeed but come on, "Cone of Silence," is hilarious!

Tori hung out with us (instead of the crazy boys running around) and helped out. She got preferential treatment from me the rest of the day, helping pays!

No comments: