Sunday, March 30, 2008
Here he is tasting his "special" water...
Here he is describing the bouquet...
Here he is checking for color and clarity...
Here he is realizing why it is you spit at "special" water tastings...
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
NOTE: I totally forgot to give credit where credit is due and I don't want to hurt someone's feelings so...Thank you very much, CHRIS, for letting me know about Bon Iver.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
- Auntie Janet!!!
Each of you will be contacted and when the soap is made will receive 3 bars of ginger lime. Congratulations to all of you...many are jealous.
Noah proudly showing off pretty eggs. Don't worry, Oliver still got to color a few of the whole eggs but Noah supervised closely! Notice that Noah is STILL holding onto his newly earned belt, he has not let it out of his sight.
Noah making sure that you know which eggs are his favorites.
- I have some other stuff to post to the blog but some editing to the Kanthak School Demonstration video needs to be done and the pictures on the camera I left at Ben & Christie's still need to be downloaded first. Be sure to check back later for those posts.
- We headed over to breakfast and an Easter egg hunt at Ben and Christie's this morning. Zach and Noah play so well together and have a lot of fun. So much fun that they almost forgot about the whole egg hunting thing. Their competitive natures all kicked in though once we started. Christopher, Christie's older boy is a God send and is constantly checking on and offering to go play with the younger boys. That young man is going to make a lot of baby-sitting money from me if he plays his cards right!
- This afternoon I cooked a full turkey dinner and we now have a ton of leftovers! The Pyryts are stopping by soon and I'm hoping they will eat some or at least take some with them! Anyone in the mood for a turkey sandwich?
- Lastly, my soap poll and RAK closes in about an hour! I am going to put every one's names into an Easter basket and have Noah pick out the winning names! I'll post the winners later tonight.
- HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!
Thursday, March 20, 2008
I have some fresh ginger that I sliced up and tossed into a heat proof glass bowl...
Drizzled some olive oil over the top of and warmed up. The ginger infused oil will become part of the next batch.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Pasta with Butternut Squash and Sage
POINTS® Value: 7
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
The slightly tart buttermilk in this creamy pasta sauce goes beautifully with the sweet butternut squash. Fresh sage just seals the deal.
1 sprays cooking spray
20 oz butternut squash, fresh, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch chunks*
8 oz uncooked bow ties
1/8 tsp table salt, for cooking pasta
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
5 1/3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, Parmigiano Reggiano recommended, divided (1/4 cup plus 4 tsp)
3 Tbsp fresh sage, minced
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Place squash on prepared baking sheet and roast until tender and starting to caramelize, about 25 to 30 minutes.**
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. After squash has been roasting for about 15 minutes, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
Add squash, buttermilk, salt and pepper to pot; toss over low heat to warm through, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and add 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and sage; toss to mix and coat.
Spoon about 1 1/2 cups of pasta into each of 4 serving bowls; top each with 1 teaspoon of remaining Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
*We used a 20 ounce bag of fresh, peeled squash to help streamline the recipe’s preparation but you can peel and cube a 1 1/2 pound squash yourself if you prefer.
**You can microwave the squash instead of roasting it: Put squash in a shallow microwave-safe baking dish or container with 1/4 cup of water. Cover and microwave until tender, about 10 minutes; drain.
If you don’t like sage, this recipe is also delicious with fresh basil or chives.
This dish does not reheat well. We recommend you make it just before you’re ready to serve it.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
- is a big boy now
- no longer needs kisses for his boo-boos
- can tie his own shoes
- has chores and gets an allowance
- would rather take showers than baths
- rides a big kid bike
- doesn't need as much help anymore
- is growing up fast
But despite all of the above and many other things about Noah, he still loves and needs his little lamb. My heart aches for the little lamb knowing that someday, just like me, he won't be needed as much. More than ache, however, my heart and soul swell with pride knowing that my baby boy is becoming a fine young man that is independent, strong, kind, giving and loving. So for now, lambey and I have made an agreement to get and give as many hugs and kisses as we can now and have promised, when that day comes, to hold onto each other as our boy walks away.
Friday, March 07, 2008
My skin is kind of sort of brownish
Pinkish yellowish white
My eyes are greyish blueish green
But I'm told they look orange in the night.
My hair is reddish blondish brown,
But it's silver when it's wet.
And all the colors I am inside
Have not been invented yet.
Thursday, March 06, 2008
Her beautiful yellowish eyes with streaks of brown...
Her lovely ears that can broadcast her mood with scary accuracy...
Her tail, it screams, "I am royalty!" and demands to be treated thus...
But don't worry, I begged, I pleaded, I took more pictures of one cat than any person should be allowed to take and she finally gave me the look that said, "just get it done lady so we can get back to the brushing and petting!" So here she is, presenting...
Tuesday, March 04, 2008
Monday, March 03, 2008
Side note...Su will be back in June to visit and if you'd like to book a show with her I'm sure she'd be happy to work something out! The hostess rewards are GREAT!! Trust me, I know and will have tons of pretty jewelry to prove it soon! You can contact me or her by clicking on her blog link over to the right.