Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Noah

  • is a big boy now
  • no longer needs kisses for his boo-boos
  • can tie his own shoes
  • has chores and gets an allowance
  • would rather take showers than baths
  • rides a big kid bike
  • doesn't need as much help anymore
  • is growing up fast

But despite all of the above and many other things about Noah, he still loves and needs his little lamb. My heart aches for the little lamb knowing that someday, just like me, he won't be needed as much. More than ache, however, my heart and soul swell with pride knowing that my baby boy is becoming a fine young man that is independent, strong, kind, giving and loving. So for now, lambey and I have made an agreement to get and give as many hugs and kisses as we can now and have promised, when that day comes, to hold onto each other as our boy walks away.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I hate to think about my children growing older! I wish they had a lamby or something I could keep forever!

Shana said...

Geesh! Can I request a tissue warning please!? It is absolutely CRAZY how fast they are growing.

Johnson Family said...

Sorry, sorry, yes I know I've agreed to give Kleenex warnings but I didn't do it on purpose, I promise! And yes Heather, knowing that Lambey will be with me for a long long time helps me with the whole growing up part of this parenting business. I just hope that a piece of Oliver's blanket can find it's way to me too!

Suz... said...

Sweet Noah Wayne!! He IS so big. Love the picture.

M1 said...

Pleeeeeze don't ever give lamby away. I cry everytime I hear that song in Toy Story when the boy no longer needs his favorite toy. I know he is getting bigger and stronger and more independent and heading towards that life of his own....but, at this particular moment-I refuse to think about it!