Monday, March 28, 2011

Polishing My Skills

I took a class a month or so ago and wasn't really satisfied with it so when I saw a Photography Workshop called Capturing True Emotions come through on my Groupon deals I pounced. It consisted of a 4 hour presentation/seminar/class followed by a 2 hour photo safari at the zoo. This class is probably not for you professionals out there (unless you are looking for a good review) but if you amateurs want a very comprehensive, overview of your camera and how to use it, this class is perfect. I have been self-teaching my way through this photography thing so it was some review but it was a great review! Nice to realize that you are on the right path and haven't been making too many mistakes. Touch on the basic concepts, how to get your camera to do them, then how to use them to your advantage when photographing was how the day went. Plus they threw in a ton of hints, tips and tricks that they have learned along the way. Easily remembered catch phrases and acronyms were also used to drive the concepts deep into my brain. The instructors, Val Westover and Stephanie Adriana are amazing and very talented people that shared their talents and wisdom without hesitation. Then having them tag along beside us all on the safari to help us practice was just icing on the cake. I see a lot of practicing what I learned today in my future. I have about 16 pictures from today that I really like, hope you enjoy them too.

Playing with ISO in the banquet room.


My favorite of the day...













5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy your photos. Thanks for sharing with us.
Heidi

Shana said...

Oh, I like them all! I especially like the monkey one, but I also really do like the baby elephant with the mom's trunk across it. Can't wait to see more!

M1 said...

Very nice Sis!!

M1 said...

Very nice Sis!!

M1 said...

Very nice Sis!!