Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Branyan Jump!

Oliver and I left the house this morning to run a few errands. A stop at the local post office, the line was long but Ollie decided to put on a show and entertain everyone in line so the mood was festive. The crowd really seemed to enjoy the conversation he was having with the cardboard life-size girl promoting the use of priority mail boxes. The biggest laugh came when there was some honking going on in the parking lot and Oliver shouted, "OH-NO, car go beep beep!" I swear he took a little bow after that one. After the post office we stopped by the grocery store for a few small items, he was very excited here because I let him walk instead of ride in the cart so he showed his appreciation by dancing and air guitaring his way through the store. We finally made it home and he ran into the house while unloaded the few items that I got at the store. By the time I pulled in those items, put the garbage can and recycling bins back into the garage, etc. he had gone out the back door. No big deal, for the most part, except that we have a huge dugout area waiting for a concrete slab this spring that collects water. It has rained ALOT these past couple of days so there is ALOT of water in that area. A dream come true for a little boy. I head outside, and ask, "Oliver, what are you doing?" and he says, "Branyan jump!" and jumps into the biggest puddle of water he's ever seen. It took me a while to realize that "Branyan jump" means "Brandon jump." Oliver has been asking to see the picture of cousin Brandon jumping into the puddle at his house over and over. All I can figure is that Oliver was jealous of Cousin Brandon. So, of course, I grabbed the camera and let him play for a while, he was already wet and dirty so why not?




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, so sweet. this brought the biggest smile to my face. Maybe one day "Branyan" and "Ahye" can jump in puddles together! :) Thanx for sharing...I'll share w/ the boy when he wakes up from his nap.

Wrights13 said...

You are the coolest mom! I would have freaked - and THEN kicked myself for not at least getting a picture.

Shana said...

The question is...did you hose him off or let him come in the warm house to clean up?

Heather said...

Love these pictures! I would have absolutely done the same thing. You only get to live with that kind of abandon for such a short time!