The largest candy necklace I've ever seen, compliments of Grandma Lavelle, my new rear light for my bicycle and a Joker-esque smile on my not so little boy.
He's mine too.
Okay, he's my sister's, but I'd take him in a heart beat!
Love the toothless grin, and the toothfairy couldn't find her change jar so the boy got $5 for those two front teeth. $5!
Some beautiful pink wildflowers up in Lake Stevens, sadly I was too far away to get more of the pink color.
WANTED: A barber that can handle a boy full of energy and attitude.
He will be wrestled in for at least a trim before school starts.
Shhhhh, don't tell him.
One last random thought...I hate back to school supply shopping. I understand that the supplies are needed but, if you're not careful or wait until the last minute it can really take a bite out of the checkbook. Plus Oliver is starting preschool this year and he has a list, although not as long, of his own. I decided to make it a fun challenge for me this year so here is what I did. I gave myself exactly $20 to find/buy all of Noah's supplies. Recycle, reduce, reuse and shop the sales were my motto. So often I just go and buy new because it's quick and easy, but this year I scanned the sales and shopped accordingly. I also made it a rule that I couldn't make crazy trips half-way across town just to save a few pennies, silly to waste the gas when my challenge was to save money. Here's how it all broke down...
- 2 dozen pencils $1
- 2 folders with pockets $1.44 (I could have done better on these but wanted higher quality that would last longer)
- 1 pack wide rule paper $.75 (had I waited a bit longer I could have got this for $.33)
- 4 spiral notebooks $.40
- 2 sets of Crayola markers $2
- 2 sets of 24 ct colored pencils $4.69 (my highest priced item, 24 ct doesn't go on sale much)
- 2 sets of 24 ct Crayola crayons $.50
- Large pair of scissors $0 reused from last year
- Ruler $0 reused from last year
- 1 large white liquid glue $.98
- 2 large glue sticks $0 reused from last year
- 1 fine point Sharpie $1.10 (this is actually a 2 pack)
- 1 pencil sharpener $0 reused from last year
- White erasers $1.48 (3 pack b/c my boy is hard on erasers)
- Calculator $1
- 1 box of Ziploc baggies $2.00
- Optional Water colors $1.49