Sunday, December 25, 2011

I Tried to Ignore Eleven

I was a bit in denial about Noah turning eleven, maybe even more than I suspected. Here is what Noah wanted for his birthday, no party a trip to the beach with a friend or two, no gifts just his PSP repaired, no cake just his Mom's spice cookies. Here is what happened no party and we tried to plan a trip to the beach but the van broke down, karate demonstrations, holidays, etc. meant that the trip kept getting pushed down the priority list and it still hasn't happened. We didn't buy him any gifts but we did send his PSP to a guy that did a great job repairing his gaming system. I thought it was going to be more than it was and had planned on putting the money that Aunt Nana had given me to buy a gift for him towards the repairs. I completely forgot about the money from my sister and didn't get him another gift (don't worry I will eventually) AND a check from grandparents got lost in the mail. The kiddo didn't want a cake because he really likes my spice cookies and that, thank goodness worked out just fine. I'm beginning to wonder if I was somehow sabotaging the poor kids birthday because I really don't want him getting older. Luckily, my boy is a good kid and has taken it all in stride, he knows it will all work out. Happy Birthday my sweet Noah, I love you.
Playing his newly repaired gaming system.

Look at that! Working like a champ and he can play his new favorite game!

His favorite cookies...mmmm.

No comments: