Thursday, June 07, 2007

Conversations

This is a conversation, of sorts, that I had with Noah a while back. I still find myself laughing at it so I thought I would share, it went something like this:

Noah: I think koalas are really cute.

Mom: I do too.

Noah: Can we get one someday?

Mom: No, we wouldn't be able to take care of it properly, especially since eucalyptus leaves are it's favorite food.

Noah: They eat leaves? I didn't know that, but we could play with it and pet it and take it places with us.

Mom: You know Noah, even though koalas are cute they actually are very very mean and would probably bite you.

Noah: Why would they bite me? Could I throw them a ball?

Mom: Why would you throw a koala a ball?

Noah: So we could play fetch! (Noah is getting a bit frustrated at this point.)

Mom: Koalas don't like to play fetch.

Noah: They eat leaves, don't like to play fetch....well, could it sleep in my room with me like Buddy does sometimes?

Mom: Why would you want a mean animal to sleep in your room with you? They would rather sleep in a tree?

Noah: A tree!?! Koalas don't sleep in trees!

Mom: Yes they do.

Noah: No they don't! And yes they do like playing fetch and sleeping with me!

Mom: Noah, I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just trying to teach you a little bit about koalas and trust me, you wouldn't want one as a pet.

Noah: Other people have Koala's as pets, I've seen them!

Mom: Are we talking about the same thing? (I'm getting frustrated now.)

Noah: Yes, the koala DOGS that ARE cute, DON'T eat leaves and LIKE to play fetch.

Mom: OHHHH, you mean a chihuahua.

Noah: Yes, that is what I said the first time a chi-Wa-La

Mom: Yes, Noah a chi-wa-la would make a fine pet.

Noah: Why are you laughing? It's not funny!!

Mom: Yes, it really is.

Noah: So can we get one?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Silly Mom! Everybody knows Chiwala's (like he said in the first place...) are great pets! Of course, I think Smudgy would be able to knock one out with one blow. And you'd need a pretty small, light ball to play catch- like maybe a ping-pong ball.