Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Getting Bigger

Oliver trying to hug Noah - Noah trying to block said hug!
I stood back this morning, looked at my boys sitting on the couch and realized that they had both grown - again! They are fun to be around (usually) and I'm glad that I can stay home with them and watch them grow. Noah is a smart kid and that can get me into trouble sometimes. He started to give the birds and the bees talk to his friend Jackson the other day and I had to stop him and explain that it would probably be better for Jackson's mom and dad to explain that whole process to him and not his best friend. Noah reluctantly agreed but just didn't understand what the big deal was. I'm wondering now what bedtime story Jackson got that night. Noah has also recently discovered that when you turn on your bike, you and your bike will naturally lean into the turn. He has been testing this theory and it's limits on a daily basis. Just last night he left two road rash trails in front of our house. He has managed to keep the road rash off of his face thus far but has it everywhere else. Next Wednesday, the 20th, Noah will graduate from Kindergarten! He is very excited for the summer to start but says he will miss his classmates and teacher. This school year has flown by!
Oliver is, well he's Oliver. He can be the most frustrating little being on the planet one minute and then turn around and be the most adorable boy you've ever met. Joel put it nicely the other night when he said, "Oliver you are the single most annoying person that I've ever had the pleasure of meeting." That truly says it all. He is getting taller and smarter everyday. I really can't believe how much he is talking. I don't remember Noah talking this much until he was a bit older. But you have to pay attention because when he says, "catch!" he means right now! Not in a minute or not lets go out and play catch, it means catch now. Whatever he has is headed your way and you better have quick reflexes. Oliver's favorite thing, still, is to just be with his brother. I can't remember where we were the other day but Noah and Oliver were in front of Joel and I. They were walking along holding hands. Noah felt proud and responsible, Oliver felt loved and in awe of Noah and I felt like running for the camera to capture the moment! Instead I just proudly admired the sight and held back a tear or two. Anyway, that's just a couple of things going on around here. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

1 comment:

Suz... said...

they are both getting so big!
I can't believe Noah is already done w/ the school year! Can't wait to see pics of his graduation.