Wednesday, September 03, 2008

And He's Off!

September 3, 2008 and Noah starts second grade today. Noah woke up at 6:57 a.m. today, Joel got him set up with some cartoons and milk so I slept for another half an hour. When I got up I made his lunch, got out his clothes and fed him breakfast...

Do you see what time it is?
You'll have to ignore the crayon on the clock please.
The bus comes at 8:25 a.m.

Noah was ready to go by 8a.m.
He was a bit excited but like I said, no bus until 8:25.
So he stood here watching cartoons or...

Here watching cartoons or asking me if we could go out yet.
The bus stop is literally just across the street.

He couldn't take it anymore!
We were out by 8:15a.m.
Waiting for bus #113 and...

Listening to little brother tell us that,
"I'm going on bus too!"

Finally, almost on time bus #113!

And there they go, Cole, Noah and Bradley...
I'm on sidewalk trying to take this picture and hold back Oliver

We waved to brother and the bus, that Oliver did not get to board, and turned to go home. In the saddest voice he could muster Ollie says, "I sad that brother gone. I go too? Nope, I don't go too." Then something in that brain of his clicked and he asked in a much happier tone, "I watch Mickey Mouse now?" Last year, and he remembered the routine, the only thing that I could lure him back to the house with was The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cartoon. So guess what we did? That's right we watched Peep and The Big Wide World. Apparently, Mickey is old school now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is soooooo last year.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't get to go too, Ollie...pretty soon. How was your first day Noah??

Heather said...

OH, I can so relate to the little sibling school jealousy! We had a lot of tears yesterday from the little one.