Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What I Made for Dinner

I roasted one of our chickens...

Tore off all of the super moist yummy meat, sampling much more than I needed to...

Made some homemade corn tortillas, even easier than the flour tortillas....

See, even Oliver could do it. Really, he mixed up the corn flour, water and salt. Helped me form then into balls and then pressed them out for me. I would peel them off the plastic and throw them onto the hot griddle but he pressed all but a couple out.

All warm and yummy...

I used THIS RECIPE, with a couple of modifications to make up this...

Which was rolled into the homemade tortillas, drowned in cheese and enchilada sauce and baked until it looked like this...

A little bit of shredded lettuce and a dollop of sour cream...YUMMY!!!
My modifications were that I used chicken instead of beef and I didn't have any green onions on hand so I left those out. I usually make my own enchilada sauce but happened to have the canned stuff in the cupboard so I used that. Now go try these for yourself!!

5 comments:

The Pyryt Nest said...

Yummy! I hope mine look half that good when I make them.

Suz... said...

that looks great, Tiff! I was telling Brian that I think I'll have to try one of your specialty birds when we visit next...save one for our trip! :)

Anonymous said...

I'LL BE RIGHT THERE!!! KEEP IT WARM FOR ME!

Janet

Anonymous said...

Does look yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

UMMM, chicken enchiladas ala Tiffany!

GrandBob