Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Great Friend with a Great Idea

Steph called, well technically IM'd me today and asked if I wanted to join her for a walk on Sauvie Island. At first I was going to say no because I'm trying to get the house clean and laundry all caught up, etc. before my surgery Thursday, but finally realized that I really needed to get out of the house. Thank God for good friends getting me out of the house. I will be cooped up enough as it is for the next couple of weeks so getting outside was perfect! It was chilly but it wasn't raining, snowing, hailing or even windy for that matter so all things considered, it was a beautiful day! We met at Wapato Access Greenway State Park and headed out.

Came around the bend and up onto a platform into this beautiful area. I can't wait to go back in the spring or summer just to see the change in the landscape.
Sunny, Woodrow and Sammy joined us for our walk.

We loved how the dogs just kind of disappeared into the brown/tan grasses.

Oliver decided to burn off some energy and run a few laps on the deck/platform.

The ferns were blooming (is that the right term for ferns) all over the trees. Some of the trees had huge limbs stretching out from them with tons of ferns. Looked like a preview of the spring that is almost here. I bet it will be hard to see the ferns once all the leaves come back.

5 comments:

The Pyryt Nest said...

Thanks for going with us. I always feel better after a walk in the woods with my friends.

Suz... said...

awesome pics. so happy Steph called you!

Elite Stitches said...

Looks like a great day! This area will be perfect to show the different seasons. Going to be real pretty in fall...And you're right- get your walking in now...that trip to the mailbox is going to seem very long in a few days!

Tubo Family said...

Been thinking of you, hope surgery went very smoothly yesterday.

Anonymous said...

That Steph is pretty special!