Tuesday, September 11, 2007

How About Some Happier Posts?

As you can see, the look of our Blog has changed some. We decided to add a section for links to some artists that we've seen recently and/or just really enjoy. Well, the list pretty much got lost on the right side of the screen so we opted for a three column layout. We figured since we were changing that we might as well go for a different look all together. All the older posts are still here so if you are playing catch up...don't worry we didn't delete a thing.

So with the new link list in mind, Joel and I went and saw Matt Vrba in the Winery at Edgefield last Friday. Yes, I have seen and mentioned him before on the Blog, I saw him at Mississippi Studios with Breanna Paletta and Tyler Stenson. This time though, it was a solo acoustic set and it was incredible. I had mentioned at work how much I enjoyed watching Matt. He just seemed to enjoy what he was doing so much plus he was a great guitar player. Well, my mention of this turned into, "Hey, did you hear that Tiff has a crush on Matt Vrba?" I swear that I work on a set of a soap opera. Don't get me wrong, if I weren't happily married I'd probably actively stalk, I mean support his work but I am, so I just enjoy his music. Anyway, when we got there on Friday night we were literally the only ones there for the first couple of songs. Well, before he started his set Joel went to find himself some whiskey so I struck up a conversation with Matt. I asked a few questions, he asked a few questions then he excused himself to get a quick drink before the show. Matt headed outside at about the same time Joel was headed back and said, "Joel?" Which threw Joel a little but he quickly said, "Yes?" Then Matt told him that I had said he had gone out for a whiskey and would probably run into him. Okay, okay, enough babbling...it turned out to be a very small, very intimate show and we got to converse with Matt a lot. Joel bought him a beer during the break. Then he personally invited us to his new CD release party in November. Yes, this is open to the public but it was still cool to be personally invited. We bought his acoustic CD that night and he signed it for me...yes, just me. Joel told him that his name would probably just be scratched off anyway so to just address to me. Joel's a good man!

4 comments:

Suz... said...

awesome, Tiff!! Speaking of music...did you go see Colbie last night?

Johnson Family said...

No, I didn't get to see Colbie this time around. My sweet husband was trying to surprise me but with it being on a Tuesday night and trying to find a sitter, so on and so on, it just didn't work out. I can't complain though I've a lot of good shows lately! I will catch her next time around.

Suz... said...

I would love to make a trip up to go w/ you when she's back in town...will keep you posted (as I check her site weekly).

Suz... said...

P.S. like the new look to your blog.