Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Nice Try Noah

A little history first...Noah is now the proud owner of a Sony PSP and loves to play the heck out of it. Noah has also been putting up a pretty good fight as far as eating whats good and healthy for you lately. This has been a huge topic of conversation lately. We're working on it but we've got a ways to go yet. Anyway, after I mentioned something about Valentines day this is what Noah had to say...

Mom, I know that I should really be eating healthier. I also know that I eat too much candy, some you don't even know about because my friends share with me at school. So since I need to start eating better I figured that for Valentines day you shouldn't get me any candy, since it's bad for me and all. But I don't think it would be fair if I didn't get anything so how about you just get me a game for my PSP? That way I won't have to eat the candy that's bad for me. We could check Game Stop for a used Spiderman one if you wanted.

I stood there looking at him for a moment then busted up laughing. That kid has some smarts in that head of his but he's not going to fool his mom. He knows (and sadly for him I also know) that between grandparents, Valentines and Valentine parties at school he will get plenty of the sugary stuff to eat. So hitting me up for a new game, which are not cheap, by using the "candy isn't good for me angle" just had to work, right? I have a feeling that my eldest child is going to have a bummer of a Valentines Day...all because I love him.

NOTE: Because a few have asked...no, Noah did not get a new or used game for his Sony PSP. He did, however, get a couple of Lego Racers and one Nestle Crunch bar from his mom and dad. The rest of his sugary needs were meet by friends and extended family members. =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! You have a smart little dude for sure!

Happy Valentine's day to you and your family!

Heather said...

I'm so impressed by the high level of thinking! Super funny.

Suz... said...

Keep going along those lines, Noah Wayne...you'll stump her some time! :)

Johnson Family said...

Yes, the smart little dude with a high level of thinking will most definitely stump me on of these days. Probably long before I think it should. =)