Friday, February 29, 2008

What Were Wii Thinking?

So it started off as a few simple questions in my head. What is the Wii like? If we were going to get a video gaming system for the family would this be the one? Do I really want one in the house? In need of a new pair of pants I head to Target, while there we go check out the electronics department just to see...maybe if I see one I can decide. None in stock, no, they don't know when the next shipment is coming in, no they don't have a waiting list and by the way, "good luck finding one anytime soon." A quick shrug of the shoulders and off I go to the clothing section. On the way home from Target I need to stop at Fred Meyers for a couple things and guess what I do, yes, I headed straight to the electronics department. None in stock, no, they don't know when the next shipment is coming in, no they don't have a waiting list and by the way, "good luck finding one anytime soon." Now my competitive nature is kicking in. I sleep on it for a night, get up the next day and go have Green Eggs and Ham with Noah. On the way home we stop at Walmart for no other reason than to head straight for the electronics department. None in stock, no, they don't know when the next shipment is coming in, no they don't have a waiting list and by the way, "good luck finding one anytime soon." GAME ON PEOPLE! That's right I will have one and I will crack your shipment codes and I will have one soon! By this time, it doesn't matter if I think we should have one because we're getting one! Later that day I head over to Game Stop. I put on my game face and get the information I'm looking for, they don't know for sure what day they will come in but they receive shipments around 10:30 a.m. If I call at that time and they have one, they will put one aside and give me 15 minutes to get there to buy the system. Ha! One ace up my sleeve but that's not enough for me so I go to Fred Meyers and cull the weakest sales associate from the bunch. She gives in and tells me that Wednesday and Friday mornings are their shipment days so if I really need one I should be there right at 7a.m. on those days. Got it! Send Joel to Fred Meyers at 7a.m. before he heads off to work! Just to let the Wii folk know who's in charge I talk to my friend at Chevron whose son and nephew both work at Best Buy. They have me on speed dial to let me know when they get one in...victory is soon to be mine people! Wednesday morning Joel's at Fred Meyers, no luck there, just after 10:30a.m. I call Game Stop - THEY HAVE ONE! Off I go, I'm there within ten minutes and we are now the proud owners of a Nintendo Wii! None in stock, no, they don't know when the next shipment is coming in, no they don't have a waiting list and by the way, "good luck finding one anytime soon." I don't think so! That was not in my game plan.


4 comments:

Heather said...

You are so funny! I love that. And I think you will totally love the Wii. I think it is super fun.

Anonymous said...

See, I knew you were my daughter!
I'm the same way - tell me "no" and I'll always find a way!

Love the story.

GrandBob

Wrights13 said...

You've got to check out a game called Elebits. It is really hard to find, but Blockbusters and Hollywood Video will let you rent it. It is the best therapy known to man (or at least a crazed Mommy). With it, you make as big a mess as you want and don't have to clean anything up! Trust me on this one... It is the best!!!

Shana said...

We love our Wii! Yeah! I had a very similar story on finding ours. So these are the games that we have fallen in love with so far, Excite Truck (my fav), Nitro Bike, Monster Truck, and of course the games that came with the system. Yes, there is a pattern in our games, they are all driving games. Go figure! I also bought a remix pac-man game, but I don't recommend it. Yeah!