Tuesday, February 05, 2008

You Never Know

Our taxes needed to be done so I put in one of Oliver's favorite videos, set out a favorite snack of his and sequestered myself in our room where the computer is. Luckily, our taxes are pretty simple to do and we are getting a refund. Anyway, I was almost done and I could hear Oliver rummaging around the kitchen, I went out and he had gotten into my baking cupboard and pulled out the marshmallows. Needing just a few more minutes I gave him a few and focused again on the taxes. When I got done I came out and found my boy relaxing on the couch, watching his video, no marshmallows in sight...until I took a closer look. It appears that he chewed or sucked on one of them and then proceeded to rub it on his eyebrows, in his hair, in his ears and all over his mouth. Really? What goes through this kid's head? After a shower, change of clothes, etc. we sat down to read a book. I grabbed the coffee table and felt something sticky. Not on the top because I had already cleaned that part but rather on the sides. Oliver had chewed up tiny bits of the marshmallow and stuck them all along the side of the table. When I asked him what it was he just gave me a big grin and said, "pretty!" I guess in some cultures it could be considered "pretty" right? I, however, failed to get a picture of the "pretty" so you will have to use your imagination on that one.

How I Found Him
Sticky Ear
Eyebrow Glued Into Position
Sticky Mouth With a Little Cat Hair for Good Measure



6 comments:

Suz... said...

Wow, I see my brother in those pictures!! He's getting so big! Sorry for the sticky mess...but at least you are getting a refund (that's got to make the clean-up a little better!)

Anonymous said...

I knew it! Taxes always lead to problems!

GrandBob

Anonymous said...

I love the refinishing job he did on the coffee table. I'm refinishing a bookcase right now and going to paint it white, but I think the marshmallow thing would be cheaper and 'pretty'...

Heather said...

Ha! Too funny. I'll never understand what prompts these little ones to do the things they do!

Katie B. said...

Hey....he likes to decorate...maybe that's going to be the new modern trend...furniture you and your kids can lick!!! Way to go Ollie! Oh yeah, good job getting your taxes done!

Katie B. said...

Hey....he likes to decorate...maybe that's going to be the new modern trend...furniture you and your kids can lick!!! Way to go Ollie! Oh yeah, good job getting your taxes done!