Saturday, April 12, 2008

Soap Winners Read On...

...all others, unless you can control your jealousy, should probably just look away now. You're going to read on? Well then, you can't say that I didn't warn you.

Today, Joel had his first soap making session and we made the winning soap, ginger lime! I wish that Blogger had smell 'o blog because it's wonderful! The soap will be removed from the molds in about 48 hours then it will have to cure for a few weeks. I will ship as soon as I feel it's ready to leave the nest and include a note of when it's ready to use. Congratulations again to GrandBob, Auntie Janet and Trisha! Here are a few steps in the process, I did want to take more pictures but not at the expense of a delightful batch of soap so this is all you get folks...

The soap mold boxes, lined with plastic wrap and lightly sprayed with oil.
These are the trace elements waiting to go in, we have ginger and lime essential oils, along with some dried then ground up lime zest. Seriously, I wish you could smell this!!
Here is the oil, being coaxed gently to the proper temperature, can you see the heat ripples? The tiny flecks are remnants from the ginger when I infused the oil.
Here is the oil, beautifully traced, essential oils and lime zest added and getting one last stir before heading to the molds.
Here is the soap resting nicely in the molds. It will sit here for a day or two, then it will be removed and cut into bars.

4 comments:

Suz... said...

you're such a tease to us losers! Of course I couldn't stop reading. The boxes look great. I can't wait to make it w/ you!

Johnson Family said...

Have you decided what scents you want to try yet? I have a ton of ideas if you want to try something new or we could do one that you've already tried too!

Suz... said...

Not yet...but will keep thinking about it. Brian likes your first scent the best. He likes them all but he LOVES that one. So possibly that route (or a variance of it)...do you remember which scent that was?

Suds to Love said...

I emailed Steph ideas for lining the new molds earlier today, so you'll probably be hearing from her, she told me you used the plastic wrap. Looks good, can't wait to smell it!

Trisha