Sunday, August 12, 2007

Just Relaxing Today

I don't have many pictures to post, I either forgot the camera or brought it than failed to use it over the past couple of days. But here is a quick re-cap of our busy weekend: Joel took Friday off so we headed up to the Clark County Fair and spent a few hours up there. It's a great fair and Noah looks forward to it so much. Oliver did a great job of identifying the animals and telling us what sounds they made. His favorite barns, or at least I think it was his favorite, were the cattle barns. Lots of mooing going on from both toddler and animal. Noah and I went on a few rides together, my favorite one was the mini-roller coaster. When we got off the ride Noah turned to me and said, "That was a BIG first drop, it gave me heart burn!" I chuckled and said that it sometimes happens when you go on rides like that. I think we spent about 3 hours at the fair and had a great time. We came home did a quick re-charge then headed over to Christie's for some swimming and pizza. Christie and I have concluded that we shouldn't make Ben the on-duty lifeguard. The "Ben, grab him!" and the "Ben he's right there!" don't seem to register quite quickly enough. Oliver even points at him and shakes his head no when you ask him if he wants to swim with Uncle Ben. But, in Ben's defense, he is great at diving for toy-pedos at the bottom of the pool! Christie is a great hostess and we had a great time that night. She even gave Noah one of Christopher's old Lego sets which Noah is working on right now! We obviously had a great time that evening and our hostess was wonderful.

On Saturday, we got up early, packed and headed to Olympia for a family barbecue at my Aunt Cherie and Uncle Tom's place. They had all three of their daughters home and two of their grandsons there and it was wonderful to see them all. I know that my mom (because she sent me some pictures already) and my Uncle Tom were taking pictures so they need to send me disks with pictures...please?? It was so much fun getting to see everyone and, as usual, us girls sat around and made each other laugh the entire day. The men seemed to congregate and then migrate outside to form their own alliance. Little did they know that we were just to strong to be overthrown by such silliness! And thanks to my cousin Amy, I now know all that I need to know about night vision eye. My grandmother had 8 children, 3 boys and 5 girls. Below is a picture of her three sons, Carroll, Mike and Tom. Yes, they are as dangerous as they look.

2 comments:

Suz... said...

EIGHT children!? yowza! glad u all had such a fun w/end! thanx for sharing...and I want to hear all about the night vision sometime...think that would be good to pull out of my back pocket as my kids get older.

Heather said...

I love big families! It just gets better the longer time goes. It it just a built in set of friends with TONS of memories and inside jokes. LOVE it.