Tuesday, August 07, 2007

One Two Tie Your OWN Shoes



It today's world of flip-flops, slip-ons and Velcro the concept of having to tie one's shoes is foreign to many kids including Noah. With him starting first grade in September it means that he will be at school all day and have to change his shoes for gym class. Your selection of shoes and more importantly shoes on sale increases exponentially when your child can tie his own shoes. Now, I must admit that I've not pushed the learning to tie your shoes lesson because even with the goofy little songs out there it can be quite difficult to convey exactly how to do it. So I grabbed Noah a pair of my tennis shoes and we sat on the bed Sunday afternoon and went for it. I got him excited by explaining his friend, Jacob, could tie his own shoes and bribing him with a toy for his new pool if after a couple of days he could prove to me that he could tie his shoes all on his own. This morning, bright and early, me still in my pajamas and barely into my first cup of coffee, Noah comes out fully dressed with shoes on and tied ready to go to Target to pick out a new pool toy. As you can see, he did a great job.

5 comments:

Suz... said...

good job, Noah Wayne...what'd ya get at Target?!

Johnson Family said...

I got a battery powered diving manta ray that swims around the pool and tries to attack me! It's so cool! Love, Noah

Anonymous said...

Good job, Noah. Enjoy your new pool toy!

GrandBob

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Noah! Tying your shoes is hard to learn, but you learned real fast, and did a great job! You earned your new pool toy- enjoy it!

Heather said...

Tiffany,

Thanks for making a quick comment in my little blog world! It's so funny because there are peop;e I feel like I know through Katie, and you are definitely one of them! I know she loves your little guy so much. And looking at your pictures your boys are so beautiful, by the way. Anyway, I'll be back to read up of course