Sunday, August 05, 2007

Not a Story That Mom's Normally Share

So our Oliver is turning out to be quite the tantrum thrower. He started out expressing his anger at a young age by head butting whomever or whatever was close to him. We got this under control so he tried hitting. He learned quickly that hitting will get you about as far as head butting did so he tried throwing things at us. Well, he has pretty much stopped throwing items at people but will still occasionally throw items, in other directions, when angry. The other day I did something to make him mad, I can't remember what exactly but I'm sure it wasn't nice. He was ticked and wanted to let me know, you could see him go through all the things he used to do and as he recalled each one and knew he couldn't do them he would get more and more frustrated. Finally, he spotted this little table and used it to channel his anger. He would push it around then pick up a corner or side of it and throw it back down. The louder the bang or crash the better he felt. I, in a moment of parenting splendor, laughed and reached for the camera. As you can see, he isn't happy and the table's about to take another beating. The remote on the floor, next to the table, was a casualty of the tantrum. Don't worry, I gathered myself back up, put the camera away and dealt with Oliver. We haven't had a table episode since then but I'm not holding my breath!

1 comment:

Suz... said...

Brandon's a handfull right now, too...the whole hitting thing sounds waaaay too familiar! Whatever it was that you said, though, I'm certain it wasn't Ollie's fault. :)