Saturday, August 25, 2007

Last Couple of Days


Thursday was my dad's birthday so I made him a cake. It was nothing fancy and not decorated much but it was incredibly yummy! Banana cake with whipped cream frosting. Probably one of the best tasting cakes that I have ever made. The boys (Joel, Noah, Oliver and Jackson) and I took the cake out to my Dad and Lavelle's on Thursday evening. We had pizza, played at the park and then had cake. It was a fun evening to celebrate my dad turning 61! Ha, your secret is out!
Last night I took Oliver and Noah downtown (Joel had made other commitments) to meet up with Chris, Amy and Ian to watch a bike race. The race was called The 6th annual Health Net Portland Twilight Criterium. Cri*te*ri*um (krI'-tir-E-&m), noun [Latin]: a bicycle race of a number of laps on a course over public roads closed to normal traffic. Can I just say that this was crazy! It was a rush to watch these guys fly around that course. Downtown Portland, streets blocked off and these guys going right around 40 mph. We stood on one of the corners just before the starting line and they went by so fast...I wish I could do this race justice but really all I can say is that they are nuts. We will definitely be going next year. Not only was the race fun but they had good music and some fun vendors to check out too.
Today we just spent the morning running errands, cat food, return movies, grocery shopping, etc. We did it as a family though and that always makes it more fun for me. Joel just got done making up a new batch of ice cream base (yum!) that will go into the ice cream maker tomorrow and now he and Oliver are relaxing in the chair watching football. Noah rented movie so he is in his room watching it and building new fun stuff with his Legos. Have a great evening! Love, Tiff

2 comments:

Suz... said...

send me the recipe!!!! Please!! Sounds wonderful...and looks beautiful!

Heather said...

Oh my goodness, I need to know how to make this also. It looks divine!!