Friday, August 31, 2007

TAG! I'm it...for now

Heather has tagged me and now I'm it. Apparently there is a game of blogger tag going on out there and I wasn't the fastest kid on the playground today. Just so you know how it works I am to list 8 random facts about myself. Just like Heather did to me, I too will be tagging some of you out there. Don't worry, if you don't have a blog you can leave your randomness in the comments to this post. Here we go...


1) Those of you who know me well, know that I would love to own a 1967 Chevy Camaro. I've been infatuated with these cars for over 20 years now. I can't exactly remember why or when it started but I speculate that I was rebelling and since my father loved the other white meat (a.k.a. Ford) I crossed over into Chevrolet land.
2) I am a COMPLETE sucker for the kids who come to my door trying to raise money for their band, club, sport, school, etc. I LOATHED doing this and know just how much fun it really isn't. I may not always buy a lot but I almost always buy something.
3) My favorite memory of my Grandma Murphy is jockeying for position in her unbelievably small kitchen on Thanksgiving day. When it came time for her to make the gravy a few of us would shove in there to dip the freshly pulled turkey into her gravy - yummy! My two biggest competitors were my Uncles Tom and Carroll. The funniest moment/memory with my Grandma was when she tried to hold a sneeze in during a quiet time at mass and ended up farting so loud that all of us grandkids lost it!
4) I get thoroughly annoyed at people who call me for a phone number and then when I've found it and am ready to give it to them they say, "wait, I need to find a pen." WHAT? You called me for a number/information and you don't already have a pen? Seriously, don't waste my time.
5) I don't tell my sister enough how much I love her or how great a mommy that I really think she is. I love you Shana and you do a great job with that cute son of yours!
6) My favorite brand of athletic shoes are Ryka. My feet are somewhat flat and wide and these not only fit me very well but my knees don't ache after exercising. That's huge for me. I currently own three pairs.
7) I clean organically. This means that I use only natural products to clean my home, no harsh chemicals at all. My friend, Stephanie, loaned me a book (which I need to give back to her) a while ago and I was sold. I also buy as much organic as I can, recycle a lot and hope to start a vermipost bin soon. May sound nerdy but it's true.
8) When I grow up I want to be a 911 Dispatcher. I've focused my time and energy on being a wife and mother right now which is rewarding beyond measure. Someday I may want to go back to work full-time and this is what I hope to do.
So who do I tag? Heather also got my sister so I won't tag her again. I am going to tag Katie (even though Heather got her too) in hopes that it will jump start her blogging again. My mom, my friend Steph, my sis-in-law Su, my friend Tamara and really, anyone who reads my blog and feels inclined to respond. I would love to hear from you all!

7 comments:

Heather said...

Ok, so cool! Thanks for being a good sport! Those pictures of your boy are hysterical by the way. What products mean cleaning organically? Like ammonia? Baking soda?

Anonymous said...

It's funny the things you don't know about your friends. Who knew we had the same dream car?! I will have to settle for the Cuda though. So, I guess that's number one.
2. I was a competitive swimmer for 12 years.
3. I dream of living off the land, Little House on the Prarie style.
4. I waited on some famous people while working at Edgefield, most of the members of Nirvana/Foo Fighters, Ed Asner, some guy who was in X Files (can't remember his name).
5. My job is taking care of my 13 year old brother who is Autistic and severely brain damaged.
6. We started raising chickens this year and have a healthy flock of 10 at my mom's house. Anyone need eggs?
7. I have an unhealthy obsession with Jack Johnson. (wait, were these supposed to be things you didn't already know?)
8. I'm really lucky to have the best friend I could ask for who makes me do silly things like this!

Johnson Family said...

Heather my two most used items are vinegar and baking soda. I buy all natural, biodegradable laundry soap, dishwasher detergent and liquid dish soap. I also keep on hand Borax and Vodka (you gotta love that one!). However, my most prized cleaning tool uses only water - my steam cleaner. It cleans most anything with just steam!

Suz... said...

I use baking soda and vinegar, too! I also use Vodka...but not for cleaning. :)

Shana said...

Thanks sissy! Nothing like tearing up reading your sisters blog!

M1 said...

1. Would love to be able to ride
a horse like in dressage.

2. Ironed shirts for a quarter,worked as usher in movie theater. Even wore roaring 20's outfit when Thoroughly Modern Millie, decorated cakes, sold tupperware, and all the stuff at the phone company

3. May have been unlucky enough to have been hit by a log truck, deaf from a hummingbird breaking my ear drum, bit by a gibbon, beat up, robbed, had men expose themselves to me......but still realize I am the luckiest person alive when I look at my children and grandchildren.

4. Have developed a new love for
plants, each so uniquely resplendent

5. Am having lots of fun with my embroidery machine.

6. Always loved the corvettes 1958-1962. Go to proteamcorvette.com

7. Still love to bake after all these years. Shana let me know
when you buy that bakery. I will
be there.

8. Would love to learn how to sing...but not necessarily "YOu light up my life"-hee-hee

Shana said...

Okay, mom-I laughed out loud with #8. I can still remember you singing along while I was practicing on the piano! HEHE!