Saturday, August 25, 2007

Thank God for Tow Trucks

We were out playing in the water and having a good time when these two decided that they couldn't share anymore. Apparently they had met their sharing quotas for the day. Noah was yelling at Oliver, Oliver was screaming at Noah (literally screaming) and both were getting wetter than they wanted. My demands went unheard so I caved and started to beg but still no luck. I got up said, "Lord help me" and was about to do the unthinkable...turn off the water for the day. But God, in His infinite wisdom, sent me a tow truck. Yes, a tow truck was my miracle that day. It pulled up and all squabbling, yelling, pushing, pulling and screaming came to an instant halt. The world, well okay just the neighborhood, was silenced and in awe. It was a beautiful moment and one that I enjoyed. By the time the tow truck was done dropping off the neighbor's car they had completely forgot that they were fighting and went back to playing in the water just like boys should. Give credit where credit is due...and that is why I thanked God for the tow truck.

1 comment:

Suz... said...

Cute, Tiff...glad the boys got to keep their water for a tad longer. I often thank God for F-16 fighter planes over our house (really I do!!)