Thursday, October 04, 2007

Kids

So I picked Noah up from Mandarin Chinese class this afternoon, it was almost surreal to listen to a room full of first graders responding to the teacher in Chinese. Surreal but VERY cool. So as we were walking out I was asking Noah how to say a few things and our part of conversation went like this...

Me: Did you have fun learning Chinese?
Noah: Yes, but I'll need a lot of practice.
Me: That's what learning a new language is all about. How do you say hello or hi in Chinese?
Noah: Knee-how. (I am obviously spelling phonetically here)
Me: Knee-how?
Noah: Yes, knee-how, that's what I said.
Me jokingly: So if I wanted to say hi to a cow I would say Knee-how brown cow?
Noah MOST seriously: No, mom there is only one way to say hi to a cow.
Me laughing now: Really? Only one way?
Noah even more serious than before: YES mom it's...MOO.

At this point I'm laughing so hard that I darn near lose Oliver in the parking lot. So there you have it folks, no matter what language you speak you can always say hi to a cow.

4 comments:

Suz... said...

very insightful! thanx Noah Wayne.

Beth Twist said...

Ha! This one made me laugh out loud. Hard to argue with THAT logic!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to find a cow and try this...Thanks, Noah!!

Heather said...

That is so funny! I love it.