Thursday, December 04, 2008

Puppies!

Question of the day: Do I stay home, clean the house and go grocery shopping? OR Do I run to my friend's house to see the brand new puppies? I picked, without batting an eye, the puppies! Go to Stephanie's blog to get more details but here are a few shots that I got during the short time that I was there.

When I arrived Sunshine had already had 3 of the eventual 6 puppies. All boys, 1 black and 2 yellow. She is a good mama and fed them well while she carried them because they are all super cute fat chubby little sausages!

While I was there I got to see the only little girl (puppy #4) being born. I expected her to be a bit smaller than all the boys but she wasn't. Now we just have to teach her how to be boss of the litter! I had Oliver with me and I held him on my lap while we watched her have this puppy. On one hand Ollie thought it was really cute to see all the puppies but he eventually made yucky faces and left to go play with Sophie.

The cute little pile of puppies! Sunshine had two more after we left, both yellow and both boys. They make the most adorable noises when little like this. I should have taken some video...sorry.

5 comments:

Janet said...

LOVE THIS!! The color difference is amazing. How great to be there when they were born, but I'm with Ollie, I'll go play Sophie!

Anonymous said...

I had a girl dog, we had puppies. Thinking back it's humorous. We, Buddy the mother and I, cried on the first and second, which was twice the size as the first. Then we calmed down. Our first time, don't you know. They are darling until they want the run of the house. Then they get poopie !! Auntie K.

Elite Stitches said...

No contest...Puppies or Housework?? Did you even hesitate?? I love that Ollie made a yucky face and went off to play. Puppies are fun, but not when they're brand new- can't play at all...
Grandma Ricki

Anonymous said...

I sextuple dog dare you not to take one home Tiff.

Johnson Family said...

Good one Karen! Not only is that clever and funny but you know exactly how to play my competitive side!