Friday, January 09, 2009

Still Learning

I try to learn something about my camera or how to take better pictures as often as possible. The moon last night wasn't exactly spectacular but it was interesting with the clouds moving quickly past. I had read a little something about taking pictures of the moon. One part of the article talked about treating the moon as a sunlit object instead of a night time long exposure. Makes sense if you really think about it so I gave it a try. I opened the aperture as wide as I could and set my shutter speed at 1/4. These were my favorite shots of the night...not too bad for my little, no frills, camera. Now I just have to get my hands on my sisters camera and her new lens!

3 comments:

Suz... said...

No frills? Are you kidding me? Your camera rocks!! When you get one like your sisters (which I hope is soon)...consider me for selling it to. :) Beautiful pictures, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Good job! Read and learn - you've got that concept down well. Very nice shots.

GrandBob

Elite Stitches said...

Pretty cool pics!